Nikah & Marriage Ceremony
Steps for Marriage:
- Must obtain a proof of pre-marital counseling (ask Imam for resources)
- Make an appointment with the Imam and discuss your plans.
- Obtain a marriage license from Local County Clerks Office (available online)
- Determine the Mahr (gift given from the groom to the bride)
- The Imam will sign your marriage license and give you a copy of MUC-Nikah Marriage Certificate and submit it for you.
- Be accompanied with a “Mahram” or guardian from the bride and two witnesses