We greatly appreciate your contribution towards helping us make an impact in the community, no matter what the amount. JazakAllah Kheir!
Please click on donation button and choose the program you would like to donate to: General donation to the Muslim Unity Center or Zakat-ul-Maal Donation.
Zakaat-ul-Maal / Sadaqah
What is Zakah?
According to Qur’anic descriptions, zakah is an obligatory payment made annually under Islamic law that each Muslim is expected to pay as a religious duty and it is used for charitable and religious purposes. The term sadaqah is an Islamic term that means “voluntary charity” and this concept encompasses any act of giving out of compassion, religious duty or generosity.
Zakah is payable at 2.5% of the wealth one possesses above the nisab. Nisab, which is equal to 85 grams of gold, is the minimum amount of wealth one must have before they are liable to pay zakah.
As of January 28, 2018, nisab is estimated to be $3,913.
What Is It?
AmazonSmile is a part of Amazon and uses the same login. The difference is that AmazonSmile donates a portion of your purchase to your favorite nonprofit at no cost to you. Why not make a contribution to MUC by simply shopping for the things you normally buy? Begin today!
How To Use It
Simply bookmark smile.amazon.com and use it in place of amazon.com.
Add MUC As Your Organization
- Go to smile.amazon.com
- Log in to your regular Amazon account here.
- In the search field, type “Unity Center” and select the listing labeled “Bloomfield Hills”.
- When you’re done with the setup, your homepage will appear like so.
- Amazon will remember MUC as your selection for all future purchases.
- Remember, you must purchase through smile.amazon.com to make a contribution.
- Please bookmark smile.amazon.com and use it in place of amazon.com.
Muslim Unity Center
The Muslim Unity Center (MUC) is a non-profit, Islamic organization recognized as tax-exempt entity under U.S. Internal Revenue Code section 501(c)(3).